Let’s get playful outside! Here are 5 exercises you can do at the playground.
Spring has arrived, and the weather is slowly beginning to warm up. Why not take your workout outside instead to get some much needed fresh air and vitamin C from the sun?
Read more: Running tips for beginners
Most of us living in urban areas have playgrounds at our disposal. Playing can be fun, but these 5 exercises are fun to do too – and they will get your body burning. We recommend doing these exercises as circuit* training.
*Circuit training consists of a series of exercises conducted with brief periods of rest in between for a predetermined number of repetitions or time. When all of the selected activities have been completed, one circuit has been completed. In a single training session, multiple circuits can be completed.
1. Box jumps on a bench: 12 reps
How to do box jumps on a bench?
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart from each other and the bench one short move in front of you.
- Drop forward, bending your knees slightly and pulling your arms out behind you.
- When you leap into the box, use the momentum from your quarter squat to drive you upward, allowing your arms to swing out in front of you.
Do you like the White Long Sleeve? Get it here!
2. Bench push-ups (plank-ups): AMRAP*
How to do bench push-ups (plank-ups)?
*AMRAP stands for: "as many reps as possible"
- Start by placing your hands on the bench in front of you. Place your feet as you would before doing "the plank". Your starting position should be with straight arms.
- Slowly lean forward towards the bench and hold for a few moments before pushing yourself back up. Remember to keep your body as straight as possible.
PS: Here you can choose between regular push-ups, push-ups on the knees or push-ups on a bench with an incline (see pictures).
Looking for a black tights? Get it here!
3. (Sand)box step-ups: 12 reps on each leg
How to do (sand)box step-ups?
- Start by standing in front of the sandbox/box/bench. Start with the right leg and step up on the box.
- On the top of the box, gather your feet and step down.
- Repeat 12 times on each leg.
4. Inverted swing rows: 12 reps
How to do inverted swing rows?
- Start by getting hold of the swing and place your feet a few steps forward.
- With the swing in your hands, start to slowly lean backwards. Remember to keep your back straight, and don't let the bottom fall too much backwards.
- Finish by slowly pushing yourself back up, still keeping a straight body.
5. Bench dips: 12 reps
How to do bench dips?
1. Place your hands next to your thighs and sit on a bench. Extend your legs and walk your feet away from the table, raising your bottom off the bench and keeping it there with extended arms.
2. Lower your body as far as you can, or until your arms form a 90-degree angle, by hinging at the elbow.
3. Push yourself back up and repeat.
Repeat all these exercises 3 times, and we'll guarantee that you'll feel your. body burning. Do you think it's boring to workout alone? Invite a friend to join your circuit training!