Did anyone say healthy breakfast or a super yummy post-workout meal? Here’s how to make some protein pancakes – easy to follow recipe.
Studies have shown that most women need between 50 and 60 grams of protein per day, but this number may vary based on factors like activity level, muscle mass, and overall health. But one thing is certain, after a hard workout, the body needs fuel – proteins! This recipe will give you lots of protein and a full and satisfied belly!
Estimated time: 20 min.
Level of difficulty: Easy
Servings: 6 pancakes
List of ingredients:
- 4 tb dairy butter
- 4 dl Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl Low Fat Milk
- 4 dl wheat flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- ¼ ts salt
- 1 ts sugar or Food Sukrin (without carbs)
- 1 ss dairy butter (for the cooking pan)
- ½ ts cinnamon
1 cup of Lowfat Cottage Cheese
Fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries e.g.)
Jam with less sugar (e.g. Strawberry) or Sukrin+ Syrup Gold
How to Make Healthy Protein Pancakes:
- Start by melting butter.
- While the butter is melting: Whisk cottage cheese, eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Slowly, add the melted butter and stir until the batter feels smooth. Tip: If the batter feels a little too thick, just add some extra milk.
- Let the batter swell for approx. 10 minutes.
- Fry the pancakes in a hot frying pan with a little butter, approx. 2 minutes on each side or until golden and well done.
- Top the pancakes with cottage cheese and jam before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Please share with us on social media by using the hashtag #bararecipe